What does it take to realize your goals? There is a process we mentally go through when we establish, plan and do it on our goals. At times we think it is just about setting the target and then getting into actions. We quickly find ourselves distracted and off track. This is common, particularly when the goal process is not followed. Here’s a 10 step process to help you in your efforts. All the Best!
2. CLARITY – know what’s important and set a target
3. MOTIVATION – understand your WHY and the benefits of doing this
4. CAN DO ATTITUDE – decide what you will do, celebrate what you’ve done
5. FOCUS – know what you want to achieve and do it
6. PLAN – be clear and specific with your goal and plan of what and how you are going to do it
7. SET MILESTONES – create miniature milestones to keep you feeling success and momentum
8. ACTION – have a list, have a schedule and deadlines, be proactive, be flexible, do something
9. SUPPORT – have a community or responsibility to help you or keep you on track (it matters if you do not do it)
Test your goals today…
– Am I open to new methods and ideas? (fixed or closed mindset)
– Do I have clarity on what is most important to do?
– Am I inspired? If not, what is getting in my way and how can I eliminate the barrier?
– What’s my attitude? Do I see the possibilities and alternatives? If I’m stuck, talk to someone or write down the block and shift to thinking”what’s possible?” If there are distractions write them down to perform later or set up space to reduce distractions.
– What’s my plan to have this done? What do I need to do and when will I get it done?
– What is the first milestone or significant accomplishment toward this goal?
– What action will I take right now?
– Who will I be accountable also and check in with?
Setting goals isn’t only about the goal; it is about the process around the goal. At times these steps can seem obvious or trite however they are crucial actions in the process of goal achievement. If you aren’t reaching your objectives, consider if there’s a step in the procedure that you can sharpen and increase your target success!